Many guys look like the ‘perfect’ husband material till you date them and you realise it isn’t what it is. As a single lady, you don’t want to come across as standoffish or clingy, overbearing or unapproachable. You have to be friendly and outgoing but not in a desperate kind of way.
When you meet new people in a group, you should learn how to communicate by smiling, just saying ‘hi’ but on the other hand you don’t want to start talking away as this will throw them off balance and they’ll run away from you.
Most times, when you meet someone you like and the situation is favourable, it’s better you establish a form of communication. Try to start a conversation and let them do the walking if they aren’t interested.
However, there are so many guys that meeting them is one kind of a hell to you. They may come with different intentions and approach you differently.
There are some types of men you should never trust or take seriously because they are going to waste your time, especially for a girl who wants to get married soon. If you meet any of these kind of guys, it’s better not to waste your time with them. It doesn’t mean they are bad people, just that their compatibility level with you will be zero in the end.
As inspired by Your Tango, here are the kind of guys you shouldn’t consider for marriage:
Marriage proposal (Corbis)
1. The Shady one: Everything about him is suspicious. And since trust is required, then never start anything with this guy. Just walk away. However, you can stay and build the trust, especially if you are strong-hearted. But you can easily get shattered if you are otherwise.
2. The one who compares you to his exes: Usually when people move on, they really move on. This guy isn’t over his ex-girlfriend and will keep making you feel inadequate because there’s a large part of him that still wants her. If you know deep inside you that he would always choose her over you, it’s better to take a long walk.
Unhappy couple. (singleblackmale.org)
3. The one who buys you unnecessary gifts: It doesn’t mean if your boyfriend gets stuffs for you then he’s shady. In this instance, his gifts are always a cover up for something, either he’s asking for forgiveness after messing around or the gifts are a replacement for being with you. It’s easy to get carried away but don’t be fooled.
4. The serial monogamist: This guy jumps from one relationship to another like he’s changing clothes. Commitment is only temporary for him and it looks like he’ll never end up you because he doesn’t know it’s like to be in a long-term relationship.
5. The alcoholic: he’s not a ‘social drinker’ though he swears to be one but doesn’t know when to stop the bottles from becoming numerous. He becomes aggressive and nasty when he’s had too much to drink and will turn on you. This kind of guy should be avoided like a plague.