The Director-General of the Yemi Osinbajo Campaign Organisation, Senator Kabiru Gaya, says three aspirants have stepped down, leaving the scene for Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo and former Governor Bola Tinubu of Lagos State.
Recall that Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State had earlier in the day confirmed that a shortlist of five aspirants had been sent to President Muhammadu Buhari for consideration.
The five aspirants were identified as Tinubu, Osinbajo, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, his Ebonyi State counterpart, Dave Umahi; and the immediate past Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi.
But Mr Gaya told Channels Television that the list has now been trimmed to two.
According to him, the three Presidential aspirants had stepped down for the Vice-President.
However, the senator failed to identify the three aspirants, only claiming that former Senate President Ken Nnamani who stepped down on Monday did so in honour of Osinbajo.
Mr Gaya said: “We have Vice-President Osinbajo and Bola Tinubu. I am aware that some aspirants have stepped down for Osinbajo. Nnamani and two others have stepped down for Osinbajo.”