Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Attack on Soludo: 9 arrested suspects will be eliminated – Obiano

Headline

Rayyan Alhassan
Rayyan Alhassanhttps://dailynigerian.com/author/rayyan/
Rayyan Alhassan is a 30-year-old graduate of Journalism and Mass Communication at Sikkim Manipal University, Ghana. He is the acting Managing Editor at the Daily Nigerian newspaper, a position he has held for the past 3 years. He can be reached via [email protected], or www.facebook.com/RayyanAlhassan, or @Rayyan88 on Twitter.
tiamin rice

Anambra State governor, Willie Obiano, on Wednesday, declared that all the arrested suspect in connection with the attack on former CBN Governor, Chukwuma Soludo, will be eliminated pronto.

READ  CBN auctions $418m to aviation, oil, agric sectors

In March, Mr Soludo was attacked by unknown gunmen in Isuofia, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State during an interactive session with some youths.

Three policemen lost their lives during the attack.

Speaking at the Prof. Dora Akunyili Women’s Development Centre in Awka, Mr Obiono said nine suspects have so far been arrested in connection with the attack.

READ  Gunmen kidnap 2 Catholic priests in Anambra

The governor said: “What happened last month is unfortunate, but let me tell you, we have restrategised and we are coming out like a smoking gun.

“We are not going to take prisoners. The nine people that attacked Prof Soludo are in our net now. We are going to eliminate them. We will go after the others.

“We are not going to take prisoners any longer. A special squad has already been put together, and they are already working everywhere.”

READ  Senate gives Emefiele 72 hours to appear before it over alleged missing $9.5m
-->

Related News

Latest News

cosgrove