Thursday, September 29, 2022
Array

Boko Haram contacted me on Dapchi girls, says woman who negotiated Chibok girls release

Must read

Ibrahim Sha’aban
Ibrahim Sha’abanhttps://dailynigerian.com/
Jaafar Jaafar is a graduate of Mass Communication from Bayero University, Kano. He was a reporter at Daily Trust, an assistant editor at Premium Times and now the editor-in-chief of Daily Nigerian.
- Advertisement -

Aisha Wakil, a lawyer, rights activist and expert on Boko Haram issue, revealed that the terrorists who abducted 110 schoolgirls in Dapchi, Yobe State, have contacted her.

On February 27, Mrs Wakil, who previously negotiated the release of some Chibok girls, dropped hint that Abu Musab Al-Barnawi-led faction of Boko Haram might be responsible for the abduction of the school girls.

Mrs Wakil, a former member of the Committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of Security Challenges in the northern region of Nigeria under the administration of former president Goodluck Jonathan, had, in previous efforts, brought military officers and Boko Haram Commanders together during negotiations.

READ ALSO:   Emenalo resigns amid Chelsea power struggle

Speaking to NAN, Mrs Wakil said the faction of Abu Musab Al-Barnawi had contacted her on Thursday to confirm that the girls were in its custody.

According to her, the abductors confirmed to her that the girls were safe, healthy and in good condition.

In an interview with PRNigeria earlier in the week, Wakil called on the abductors to release the girls to enable them to be reunited with their families.

“They are even the ones that called me, and said Mama we heard what you have said and told me that they are with the girls and they are going to release them.

READ ALSO:   NAF deploys 52 senior officers to various formations

“I begged of them and said please let this not be another 1,000-plus days of Chibok girls, and they laughed and said no.

“I asked them where I can come and stay with them (girls) for two days, but they did not say anything.

“I can assure Nigerians that so far they are with my son Habib and his friends; Habib is a nice guy, he is very nice boy. He will not harm them, he will not touch them, and he will not kill them.

“He is going to listen to us, and so far he indicated interest that he loves peace. And I love them for that and believe what they said on this.

READ ALSO:   NSCDC arrests 4 over rape

“They will definitely give us the girls. All I am begging Nigerians is to calm down, be prayerful, everything will be over in God grace”.

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove

- Website Designed By DEBORIAN.COM, a Nigerian Web Designer and Web Developer -