Nigeria’s dreaded terrorist group, Boko Haram, has released a new video, clarifying issues surrounding exchange of their commanders with Chibok girls.
On May 6, Boko Haram released 82 more Chibok schoolgirls they kidnapped more than three years ago, bringing the number of the freed girls to 103.
The leader of Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau, had appeared in a video on May 4, claiming that he was hale and hearty.
The Nigerian Air Force had on May 3 said two of its fighter jets had bombarded Boko Haram fighters and injured Mr Shakau while observing prayers in Balla village, some 40 kilometres from Damboa, Borno State last Friday.
In the latest video released to Ahmad Salkida, a journalist who had previously involved in various negotiations between government and Boko Haram, the group countered the Nigerian government’s claims that only five commanders were released.
In a series of tweets, Mr Salkida said: “The video has Shuaibu Moni, one of the swapped BH commanders issuing threats to Nigerian authorities and it’s president.
“The commander in the video declared that it is not true that only 5 commanders were released, warning of imminent bombing of Abuja.
“He further said that there’s been no ‘sulhu’ dialogue with government and there won’t be. Only war is between us, he declared.”