Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has disclosed his recovery from Coronavirus after his test returned negative for two consecutive times.
Writing on his Twitter handle on Wednesday, the governor said: “I am delighted to report today, that after nearly four weeks of observing a strict medical regime, I have now received the all-clear after two consecutive negative test results”
Recall that the governor had announced his status in a statement on Saturday night March 28, disclosing that he had since isolated himself as required by the management guidelines of the National Centre for Disease Control, NCDC.
He had said: “Earlier this week, I submitted a sample for the COVID-19 test. The result came in this evening, and I regret to say that it is positive,” Mr El-Rufai said.
”According to the protocols for managing COVID-19, I am in self-isolation as required by the case management guidelines of the NCDC for a someone that is no showing symptoms.
”I wish to appeal to the people of Kaduna State to continue to closely observe the preventive measures already announced.
”It is most important that everybody should do their utmost to stay safe, stay home and stay alive.
”The Deputy Governor is chairing our Covid-19 Taskforce and will continue to issue statements from time to time.”