President Muhammadu Buhari and the leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has reconstituted its National Reconciliation Committee, appointing Chief Bisi Akande to replace Senate President Ahmad Lawan as chairman.
In a statement on Monday, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Lanre Issa-Onilu, said the Committee is empowered to address grievances of party members and resolve existing conflicts across the country.
According to him, the committee will be inaugurated on Tuesday at the party’s National Secretariat, Abuja by 3pm.
“President Muhammadu Buhari and the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have reviewed the membership of the party’s National Reconciliation Committee.
“The Committee is empowered to address grievances of party members across the country and resolve existing conflicts, all with a view to fostering oneness, strengthen the party for better governance and ensure unity of purpose within the party,” Mr Issa-Onilu stated.
The 12-member committee has the following as members.
- Chief Bisi Akande (Chairman)
- Governor of Niger State, Abubakar Sani Bello
- *Governor of Osun State, Gboyega Oyetola*
- Senate Leader, Senator Yahaya Abdullahi
- Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives, Hon. Ahmed Idris Wase
- Sen. Umaru Tanko Al-Makura
- Sen. Kashim Shettima
- Minister of State for Environment, Sharon Ikeazor
- Alh. Nasiru Aliko Koki
- Sen. Khairat Gwadabe-Abdulrazak
- Sen. Binta Garba
- Sen. John Enoh (Secretary).