The Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari is observing social distancing as being advocated by the World Health Organisation, WHO, as part of precautions against the spread of the COVID-19 across the world.
The minister stated this while fielding questions from State House Correspondent of the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, after the closed-door meeting with the president on the latest developments on the pandemic.
The minister, who was accompanied by some officials of the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, said the president was satisfied with the activities of his ministry and that of the NCDC so far as regards to the ongoing fight against the spread of Coronavirus in the country.
Nigeria has so far confirmed 81 cases of COVID-19, while the World Health Organisation, WHO, Regional Office for Africa in Brazzaville, Congo, also confirmed 3,778 cases of Coronavirus in 46 African countries as at March 27, 2020.
The 43 ministers in Buhari’s cabinet had on Saturday in a statement by the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, announced donation of 50 per cent of their March salaries to support the government’s efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.