Monday, July 26, 2021
Array

Dapchi update: Parents confirm release, say ‘we’re here in school with our girls’

Must read

- Advertisement -

The Chairman, Forum of Parents of Missing Girls, Bashir Manzo, on Wednesday, said that parents of the abducted students of the Government Girls Science Technical College, GGSTC, Dapchi, in Yobe State have received of their wards.

The school girls were abducted on February 19 by Boko Haram insurgents.

Earlier in the day, the Federal Government had through the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed confirmed the release of 76 of the 110 students.

READ ALSO:   Buhari presides over FEC meeting

Confirming the release, Mr Manzo said: “The girls have been brought back. They were brought in nine vehicles and dropped outside the school at about 8:00 am (0700 GMT).

READ ALSO:   Aside legislation, we’ve other options for regulating social media – Lai Mohammed

“I have the list of the missing girls with me, so I am now heading to the school to take a roll call of the returned girls to determine if any of them is still missing.

“These girls were not accompanied by any security personnel. Their abductors brought them, dropped them outside the school and left, without talking to anyone.

“We will get to know more details from the girls about their predicament while in captivity.”

READ ALSO:   Lai Mohammed honoured with special durbar in Dutse

Alhaji Deri, whose daughter was among those kidnapped, supported Manzo’s account in a separate phone call, adding: “We are here in the school with the girls.

” A senior government source in Abuja confirmed the release but said officials were still trying to verify how many girls had been freed.

READ ALSO:   Nigeria lists 55 people who stole N1.34trillion in eight years
- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
READ ALSO:   Stop supporting terrorists, Lai Mohammed warns Amnesty Int’l

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove