There is no word “transmission” in the text of the Inspector-General of Police,Ibrahim Idris’ viral speech in which fumbled midway and mentioned “transmission” several times.
The 567-word speech obtained by DAILY NIGERIAN showed that it does not contain a number of words he repeatedly uttered.
At a point in the embarrassing speech, the police boss said: “I mean, transmission, I mean effort, that the transmission cooperation to transmission, I mean transmission to have effect, ehm, apprehend, I mean, apprehensive towards the recommendation, recommended formation effective and effect, I mean, apprehensive at the transmission of…and transmission and transmission for the effective in the police command.”
READ FULL SPEECH BELOW…
THE INSPECTOR-GENERAL OF POLICE, IGP. IBRAHIM K. IDRIS NPM,mni,psc SPEECH AT THE COMMISSIONING OF COBWEB SOLUTIONS TECHNICAL INTELLIGENCE PLATFORM AT KANO COMMAND ON MONDAY 14TH OF MAY, 2018
I am delighted to make this remark at the official commissioning of the COBWEB Solutions Intelligence Platform of the Kano State Command, as it marks yet another milestone in the efforts of this Administration to reposition the Nigeria Police to make it more effective and responsive in the art of Policing Nigeria.
2. On my appointment as the Inspector-General of Police on the 22nd June, 2016, I promised to take the Nigeria Police Force to a higher level where it will be more accountable, effective, responsive and reliable with a Zero tolerance on corruption. I have kept faith with the promise despite efforts at various quarters to distract me. I am so happy today, that the Nigeria Police have truly been repositioned and we have recorded major achievements and breakthroughs in the areas of crime prevention, detection, prosecution and welfare of the officers and men.
3. The fight against insurgency, Kidnapping, Armed robbery, Cattle rustling, Farmers/Herders clashes and other heinous crimes are being systematically won. I can state without fear of contradiction that over 70% of all kidnapping, Armed Robbery and other heinous crime cases recorded since my assumption of office have been resolved. It is also of importance to note that several thousands of arms and ammunition have been recovered thereby making it increasingly difficult to access illegal arms and criminal activities.
4. These achievements would not have been possible without the introduction of the technical intelligence platform in Abuja manned by the Special Intelligence and Tactical Response Teams coordinated by the IGP – Monitoring Unit for strategic investigation and modern crime-mapping in the country, I decided to establish two more Technical Intelligence Platforms in Lagos and Imo States in 2017 to provide technical Intelligence assistance/support to Police Commands in the South West and South East respectively.
5. What we are witnessing today is the Commissioning of the 4th technical platform in Kano for the Northwest Zone to give technical aid to Police Commands in the Zone. This technical platform will certainly increase Police efficiency, effectiveness and their capacity to detect crime in the area. I therefore call on the Police Commands to utilize the opportunity provided by these four technical intelligence platforms in Abuja, Lagos, Owerri and now in Kano to boost your policing capability in these areas.
6. I will not relent in my efforts to ensure that the challenges of crime we are facing in this country, be it Kidnapping, Killings, Armed Robbery, Militancy, Terrorism, and other heinous crimes will soon be resolved with the use of technical intelligence platforms in line with international best practices. Consequently, I will endeavor to link all State Police Commands with Technical Intelligence Cobweb Platforms as soon as funds are made available.
7. Finally, I want to assure Nigerians, that the Police is doing everything possible to protect life and property in Nigeria. I am not unaware of concerns of Nigerians about the challenges of crime and criminality across the country. I appeal to you to be patient with the Police and the Government as the President and the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is doing everything humanly possible to end these challenges.