The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, has denied reports alleging that the United States had placed him on their ‘watch list’ over alleged ties with the Boko Haram founder, Late Mohammed Yusuf.
On Monday, social media platform, Twitter, was awash with comments over the report published by some news platforms.
While some critics of the minister dragged him over the unconfirmed reports and allegations, his supporters took to his defence.
Taking to his Twitter handle, the minister said he had been preaching against Boko Haram for 15 years.
He said: “My lectures against the doctrines and all other evil people have been available for over 15 years, including debates that endangered my life against many criminals in Nigeria.
“If you can’t understand Hausa, get an objective Hausa speaker to translate for you objectively.”
The minister, therefore, advised Nigerians disregard the allegation, saying that the sponsors of these publications are enemies of Nigeria.
According to him, no amount of intimation would stop him from implementing the good policies of President Muhammadu Buhari.
He added: “On the issue of NIN-SIM verification to fight insecurity, there is no going back. Our priority as government based on the provision of our constitution 1999 (as amended) Section 14(2)b is security, not just economy.
“[It is] for sure, no going back at all. Let’s the sponsors continue.
“FYI all, by the Almighty, no amount of intimation will stop @IsaPantami from implementing d good policies of President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR on security.
“FINALLY: If you are yet to verify your SIM using NIN, do it very soon, b4 our next action. Criminals are feeling the heat,” Mr Pantami said.