The governor of Yobe State, Mai Mala Buni, on Tuesday flagged off the construction of township roads and drainages in Geidam — the headquarters of Geidam local government.
Since inception of his administration, the administration of Mr Buni has emphasized on the provision of infrastructure, which is key to social and economic growth.
The project is part of the urban and rural development plan of the governor towards easing movement and promotion of economic activities.
Speaking at the ceremony, the governor said contractors would be held to account in terms of standard and timely delivery.
“Let me use this opportunity to remind the contractors that there must be value for money in this project. You are advised to abide by the contractual terms and agreements to ensure quality work and timely completion of the project. Government would not accept any form of sub-standard work,” he said.
DAILY NIGERIAN gathered that more projects would be carried out in the areas of water, rural and urban electricity and sanitation by the administration.
Already, the state government has completed the following projects:
1. Township roads and concrete drainages in Damagum, Fune LGA
2. Township roads and concrete drainages in Buni Yadi, Gujba LGA
3. Township roads and concrete drainages in Malammatari of Damaturu.
4. Township roads and concrete drainages in Jajimaji, Karasuwa LGA
5. Township roads and concrete drainages in Babban gida, Tarmuwa LGA