Sunday, July 25, 2021
Array

Gunmen kidnap 14 passengers in Osun

Must read

Ibrahim Ramalan
Ibrahim Ramalan is a graduate of Mass Communications from the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria. With nearly a decade-long, active journalism practice, Mr Ramalan has been able to rise from a cub reporter to the exalted position of an editor; first as Arts Editor with the Blueprint Newspapers before resigning in 2019; second and presently as an Associate Editor of the Daily Nigerian online newspaper. He can be reached via [email protected], or www.facebook.com/ibrahim.ramalana, or @McRamalan on Twitter.
- Advertisement -

Bandits, suspected to be Fulani herdsmen, have reportedly kidnapped 18 passengers along Otan/Imesi-Ile road in Osun.

READ ALSO:   Omisore agrees to support APC in Osun rerun

Some passengers including the driver of a commercial 18- seater bus, were reportedly abducted along Otan/Imesi Ile road in the state by the suspected herdsmen.

The News Agency of Nigeria gathered that the kidnapping was carried out following a tip-off from one of the occupants in the bus, who disguised as a passenger.

The driver and occupants of the commercial bus, who were said to be travelling from Osogbo to Abuja, were kidnapped by the bandits at Ajeoku Junction, Otanle\Imesile expressway on Sunday night.

The passengers were said to have been whisked to the forest and no contacts were yet to made with the family members of the victims.

READ ALSO:   JUST IN: Tribunal sacks Oyetola as Osun governor, declares Adeleke winner

READ ALSO: Police arrests 3 suspects over Nasarawa deputy governor’s convoy attack

Confirming the kidnapping with NAN in a telephone interview, the Osun Police Public Relations Officer, Folashade Odoro, said the total number of the victims could not be ascertained yet.

READ ALSO:   Osun election was conclusive, former INEC chairman insists

“For now, we cannot confirm the number of people, who were kidnapped until we get feed-back from our officers.

“But I can tell you that we are on top of the situation and all the kidnapped persons will be rescued,” Mrs Odoro said.

The PPRO, however, in a text message later sent to NAN, confirmed that four of the victims had been rescued as at the time of filing in this report.

READ ALSO:   Osun election was conclusive, former INEC chairman insists

Mrs Odoro called on the people of the state to promptly report any suspected movement to the police.

NAN

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove