Thursday, September 23, 2021
Array

INEC replaces 4,695 card readers burnt in Anambra

Must read

Rayyan Alhassanhttps://dailynigerian.com/author/rayyan/
Rayyan Alhassan is a graduate of Journalism and Mass Communication at Sikkim Manipal University, Ghana. He is the acting Managing Editor at the Daily Nigerian newspaper, a position he has held for the past 3 years. He can be reached via [email protected], or www.facebook.com/RayyanAlhassan, or @Rayyan88 on Twitter.
- Advertisement -

Days after a container laden with card readers was gutted by fire at the secretariat of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in Awka, Anambra state, the commission has affirmed that it has replaced the 4,695 burnt card readers and other sensitive materials that were destroyed.

READ ALSO:   We’ll support INEC to deliver credible elections in 2019 — European Centre

It was gathered that sensitive election materials and card readers were collected from across the country and deployed to Anambra State.

Resident Electoral Commissioner for Anambra State, Nkwachukwu Orji, explained that the commission had been able to stabilise its operations in the state after the fire incident.

READ ALSO: 2019 elections: We’ll not fail Nigerians — Yakubu

READ ALSO:   We’ll support INEC to deliver credible elections in 2019 — European Centre

The REC said “I’m happy to say that we have received smart card readers from all over the country, which we have prepared for the elections. As we speak, we have prepared smart card readers for all the Local Government Areas in Anambra State.”

READ ALSO:   Edo Guber: CDD raises alarm over growing tension, says small arms, light weapons being stockpiled

Mr Orji assured that the commission had received enough sensitive materials in the state for the elections on Saturday.

He also said “Yesterday (Thursday) we received all the other sensitive materials from the Central Bank of Nigeria and those have been sorted and distributed to all the LGAs in the state as of 11pm yesterday.”

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
READ ALSO:   COVID-19: Edo, Ondo guber elections will not be postponed – INEC

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove