Tuesday, July 27, 2021

3 injured in gas explosion in Ogun

Must read

- Advertisement -

Three people were injured in a gas explosion that occurred in the Ijebu-Ode area of Ogun on Monday.

The incident happened on Monday at Folagbade Road in Ijebu-Ode.

An eyewitness report gathered by The Guardian, revealed that the explosion was caused by a gas cylinder that belonged to one of the passengers having a ride in a commercial tricycle.

According to the eyewitness, the rider of the tricycle parked by the roadside when the cylinder owner discovered that gas was leaking from the filled cylinder.

He said the tricycle was parked near a faulty car with a radiator problem.

“The rider of the tricycle parked by the roadside for the woman to fix the leaking cylinder, but unfortunately, there was a car with a radiator problem also parked nearby.

“The heat generated from the car triggered the explosion,” the eyewitness said.

He disclosed that the accident involved three people, adding that one of the victims was severely injured.

According to him, the victims who suffered third-degree burns were rushed to Ijebu-Ode General Hospital, but the hospital refused to treat them and they were taken to an unknown hospital.

The Public Relations Officer, Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps, TRACE, Babatunde Akinbiyi, confirmed the incident, disclosing that the tricycle, three motorcycles and a car were burnt.

He added that the occupants of the tricycle suffered severe burnt injuries and were taken to the hospital for treatment.

Mr Akinbiyi, however, disclosed that he could not ascertain if anyone died in the explosion.

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove