Sunday, September 19, 2021

JAMB withdraws results of candidate over impersonation

Must read

Daily Nigerianhttps://dailynigerian.com/author/rayyan/
Rayyan Alhassan is a graduate of Journalism and Mass Communication at Sikkim Manipal University, Ghana. He is the acting Managing Editor at the Daily Nigerian newspaper, a position he has held for the past 3 years. He can be reached via [email protected], or www.facebook.com/RayyanAlhassan, or @Rayyan88 on Twitter.
- Advertisement -

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has withdrawn the result of one Attama  Ikedichukwu for acts bordering on impersonation in the just concluded 2021/2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME.

This is contained in a statement issued by Dr Fabian Benjamin, JAMB Head, Media and Publicity in Abuja on Tuesday.

He said that upon investigations, it was revealed that Ikedichukwu had hired a” professional examination taker” to sit for the examination on his behalf.

He however said that his luck ran out when the board’s post-examination processes discovered that the candidate had been impersonated in the course of the examination.

READ ALSO:   Kogi State University gets 100% accreditation as NUC approves 24 more programmes

“On further scrutiny, other hidden dimensions to the case were also unravelled which the candidate had admitted to in the course of perpetrating the fraudulent act.

READ ALSO:   Security threat: NSCDC boss assures adequate security at Nigerian airports

“Following Management’s consideration and approval of the recommendations of the investigators, the result of Ikedichukwu, whose examination was taken on his behalf at the University of Nigeria, MTN Library, Nsukka, Enugu State, on June 22 during the second session of the examination for that day, has been withdrawn.

“The Board wishes to restate that no result obtained through fraudulent means will be allowed to stand.

“It should be noted that the cancellation is in line with the board’s policy of cancelling any result fraudulently obtained by any candidate even when such had been released,” he said.

He added that the perpetrator would be handed over to relevant agencies for prosecution to serve as a deterrent to other would-be infractors.

READ ALSO:   Conspiracy to destroy Abba Kyari's career will fail, says Fani-Kayode
READ ALSO:   Nigerian govt to deliver Lagos-Ibadan Expressway 2022 – NASS

He said that the board urged candidates and the general public that it would painstakingly scrutinise the entire examination processes with the provision that the results obtained through fraudulent means would be withheld and after thorough investigation, cancelled as the case may be.

“In the meantime, the Board is engaged in the viewing and assessment of all CCTV footage of the examination as well as the adequacy or otherwise of the security measures put in place to forestall examination infractions.

“The board warned that the above stated case might just be the first of the many that would be unearthed in the course of the review as many more infractions might yet come to light,” he added.

READ ALSO:   Shettima’s Bitter Truths to Power, by Gimba Kakanda 

He therefore said that a top security officer who had facilitated the forgery of the board’s admission letter was being investigated for possible culpability and subsequent prosecution.

NAN

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove