Explosions in and around a mosque in Adamawa state has killed at least 27 people on Tuesday, a hospital official said.
The blasts in the town of Mubi are believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram insurgents.
Ezra Sakawa, chief medical director of Mubi general hospital, said 27 people died and 56 were injured.
Earlier, police said about 24 people had been killed and more than a dozen were hurt.
According to the state Commissioner of Police, Abdullahi Yerima, a suicide bomber struck at the mosque at around 01:00 p.m and a second bomber detonated a device some 200 metres (220 yards) away as worshippers fled.
Recall that the group had on Thursday carried out an attack in Maiduguri, capital of neighbouring Borno state, which killed four people.
More than 30,000 people have been killed in the insurgency, which has also forced some two million to flee their homes.
Mubi is around 200 kilometres (124 miles) away from Maiduguri where last week’s attack was the second in a month. At least 15 people were killed and 83 injured when militants descended on the city in early April.
The Nigerian government had said since December 2015 that Boko Haram has been defeated. But the insurgents have carried out a number of high profile attacks in the last few months, including the kidnap of 111 schoolgirls from the town of Dapchi and a strike in the town of Rann that killed three aid workers.