Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Array

Kidnapped Ekiti ex-commissioner, director regain freedom

Must read

Rayyan Alhassanhttps://dailynigerian.com/author/rayyan/
Rayyan Alhassan is a graduate of Journalism and Mass Communication at Sikkim Manipal University, Ghana. He is the acting Managing Editor at the Daily Nigerian newspaper, a position he has held for the past 3 years. He can be reached via [email protected], or www.facebook.com/RayyanAlhassan, or @Rayyan88 on Twitter.
- Advertisement -

Remi Olorunleke, a former commissioner in the first administration of Gov. Kayode Fayemi, who was abducted by unknown gunmen on Monday, has regained his freedom.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that also released from the kidnappers’ den is the director of administration, Gbonyin Local Government Area, David Jejelowo.

They were kidnapped on Monday on the Ado Ekiti-Ikare road and spent four days in captivity before they were released.

READ ALSO: Kwankwaso mourns Shehu Azare

Mr Olorunleke, who hails from Aisegba, Gbonyin LGA, was the commissioner for Lands, Housing, Urban Renewal and Physical Planning during Fayemi’s first term.

The former commissioner, who announced his release on Friday while speaking with newsmen in Ado Ekiti, said they were freed late Thursday night.

READ ALSO:   9-year-old girl walks again, 12 months after accident

He said he was kidnapped around 6.30 p.m. on Monday and taken to an unknown location where he was kept before his family was contacted.

READ ALSO: EFCC traces N500m properties to ex-Plateau govenor, Jonah Jang

“Yes, I have regained freedom after spending four days with the kidnappers. It was a traumatic experience and I thank God that I came back alive.

“We were two; I was together with the Director of Administration of Gbonyin Local Government. We both regained our freedom.

“I want to thank my well wishers and my family for standing by me during this period,” he said.

READ ALSO: Justice Mamman Nasir escapes kidnappers, orderly abducted

READ ALSO:   NEMA warns Ondo varsity over looming flood, says 'relocate your students now'

He, however, declined to say if any ransom was paid to their abductors.

Mr Olorunleke called on security agencies in the state to live up to the expectations of citizens.

Also confirming the development, the Public Relations Officer, Ekiti Police Command, Caleb Ikechukwu, said police were aware that the duo had been freed.

READ ALSO: Abduction: 4 Catholic priests regain freedom in Delta

Mr Ikechukwu assured the people of the state that the police would soon unmask perpetrators behind the incessant cases of kidnapping and other heinous crimes in the state.

He said the command would continue to work hard to ensure security of lives and property in the state.

READ ALSO:   PHOTOS: Buhari arrives Ekiti for APC mega rally

NAN

nigerianewspapers.com.ng

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove

- Website Designed By DEBORIAN.COM, a Nigerian Web Designer and Web Developer -