Friday, July 30, 2021

4 killed as reprisal attacks continue in Kaduna communities

Must read

- Advertisement -

The Kaduna State Government has confirmed the killing of four more people as reprisal attacks continued in local communities.

On Saturday, the government said seven herders were killed in a counter killing in Ungwan Idi and Kasheku villages of Kauru local government while two herders were injured at Ningi village of Lere local government, following killing of seven people in Gora Gan community, Zangon Kataf on Thursday night.

“Military and police authorities have informed the Kaduna State Government that four persons have been killed in further reprisal attacks in Zangon-Kataf LGA at night on Saturday, 19th December 2020,” said a statement by Samuel Aruwan, the state commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs.

READ ALSO:   2023 Poll: INEC trains staff on political party management
READ ALSO:   Average price of kerosene, cooking gas increases in June- NBS

“Troops under the auspices of Operation Safe Haven (OPSH) had earlier reported the killing of seven persons at Gora Gan in Zangon Kataf local government and the counter-killing of seven herders at Ungwan Idi and Kasheku of Kauru local government.

“An update from the military received on Sunday morning informed the government that following clearance operations at Ungwan Gaiya, Ungwan Gimba and Ungwan Makama of Zangon Kataf local government, three more corpses were recovered, two of which have been identified as follows: Noel Markus (35 years), Titus Thomas (32) and one unidentified herder

“Two mobile phones were also recovered. The corpses and other valuables were handed over to the police for further investigation and analyses.

READ ALSO:   Average price of kerosene, cooking gas increases in June- NBS

“The military also reported that one citizen was killed in Apimbu village of the same local government. The deceased was identified as 35-year-old Kambai Yohanna.

READ ALSO:   EFCC arraigns lawyer for breach of trust, conversion of funds

“The military confirmed that two houses were burnt in the Apimbu attack. In the meantime, troops of the Operation Safe Haven and Special Forces are still carrying out operations in Kauru and Zangon Kataf local government areas.”

Governor Nasir El-Rufai, who sent condolences to the families that lost their loved ones on behalf of Kaduna State Government, reiterated the need for aggrieved individuals and groups to seek recourse to the law instead of resorting to illegal and violent methods of settling grievances.

READ ALSO:   El-Rufai begs Kogi people to re-elect Yahaya Bello

The governor commends security agencies, traditional and religious institutions, community leaders and other critical stakeholders who remain committed to the peace building efforts of the government, despite the challenging situation .

He expressed thanks to the military and police high commands for the deployment of more personnel to the two local government areas, towards enhancing security.

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
READ ALSO:   Saraki, El-Rufa’i, others condole Shagari’s family

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove