Sunday, September 26, 2021

Nigerian Army eliminates IPOB/ESN commander ‘King of Dragons’, 4 others

Must read

- Advertisement -

The Nigerian Army on Sunday said it killed a top commander of IPOB ESN, Joseph Uka Nnachi alias King of Dragons, and four other militants while attempting to attack Imo police headquarters.

A statement by the spokesman for the Nigerian Army, Mohammed Yarima, said Mr Nnachi was gunned down by the troops alongside four others.

“Nigerian Army troops operating in Owerri the Imo State capital foiled an early morning attack on the Imo State Police Command today 6 June 2021.

“The troops assisted by the Police Special Forces eliminated a top IPOB/ESN Operational Commander, Joseph Uka Nnachi alias King of Dragons, who has been orchestrating attacks against security agencies and government establishments in the South Eastern States.

READ ALSO:   Nigerian Navy to establish base in Kano
READ ALSO:   Nigerian govt repackaging school feeding program – Official

“He has been at the centre of several heinous attacks since the death of Ikonso who gave up the ghost during an encounter with security forces on 24 April 2021 at Awomama Village of Orlu East LGA of Imo State.

“Equally neutralised along with Dragon were four of his cohorts while one was captured alive and has been assisting security forces with useful information.

“The troops recovered four AK-47 Rifles, a Toyota Hiace Mini bus used as operational vehicle by the assailants as well as several assorted ammunition and charms.

“It would be recalled that IPOB/ESN Terrorists attacked the Imo State Police Command on 5 April 2021 and since then, the security forces had been on the trail of the assailants leading to the successful elimination of the key figures involved.

READ ALSO:   Nigerian troops kill 6 kidnappers, recover weapons in Plateau
READ ALSO:   NADDC unveils first electric car assembled in Nigeria

“The NA wishes to place on records it’s profound appreciation to the peace-loving citizens of Imo State and the entire citizenry for their support towards combating security challenges in the South East and the rest of the country.

“The Chief of Army Staff, Maj Gen Faruk Yahaya, particularly noted this as a patriotic gesture and appealed to the public to do more while assuring them of the NA’s resolve to end the reign of terror in the country,” Mr Yarima added.

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
READ ALSO:   Nigerian troops repel Boko Haram attack in Rann, kill 10 terrorists

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove