Following the latest wave of suicide bombing by Boko Haram insurgents in the North East, the Nigerian Army has offered to give N500,000 reward for information on people planning suicide attacks.
A statement by the spokesman of the Nigerian Army, Sani Usman, said the spate of the suicide bombing has reached an alarming proportion, and therefore the need to reward tip-off.
“The spate of suicide bombings in the North East and in particular, Maiduguri and Madagali metropolis is assuming a disturbing proportion.
“Consequently, the Nigerian Army is offering a reward of the sum of N500,000 for any information that leads to the arrest of a suicide bomber, the guide to the suicide bomber, or discovery of the transit house or factory of the suicide bombers.
“The offer by the Nigerian Army is to further encourage law abiding citizens to actively join the war against terrorists and our collective security,” Mr. Usman, a brigadier general, said.
He then gave out the lines to alert the Nigerian Army on the would-be bombers.
The following numbers are available for immediate response:
- Theatre Commander, Operations LAFIYA DOLE, Maiduguri- 09064823221.
- General Officer Commanding 7 Division Maiduguri- 09078599985.
- Commander, 7 Division Garrison Maiduguri-08022375305.
- Commander, 28 Brigade, Mubi-08065504576.
- Commander, 26 Brigade, Gwoza-+234 809 721 1700 (WhatsApp).
- Director, Army Public Relations, Abuja-07080217992.
- Commander, 7 Division Military Intelligence Brigade Maiduguri-09021668444.
“We would like to reassure that all information received would be treated with utmost confidentiality and acted upon with despatch.
“While we appreciate the cooperation of the members of the general public so far, there is the need to be more vigilant and security conscious to save lives and apprehend Boko Haram terrorists and their sponsors.
“Once again we call on all law abiding citizens to provide useful information to security agencies towards a quicker apprehension of remnants of terrorists still bent on unleashing mayhem on Nigerians,” he added.