Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Nigerian govt won’t tolerate #EndSARS Season 2 – Lai Mohammed

Must read

Ibrahim Ramalan
Ibrahim Ramalan is a graduate of Mass Communications from the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria. With nearly a decade-long, active journalism practice, Mr Ramalan has been able to rise from a cub reporter to the exalted position of an editor; first as Arts Editor with the Blueprint Newspapers before resigning in 2019; second and presently as an Associate Editor of the Daily Nigerian online newspaper. He can be reached via [email protected], or www.facebook.com/ibrahim.ramalana, or @McRamalan on Twitter.
- Advertisement -

The Minister of Information and culture has vowed that the Federal Government would not sit by and watch violence in the name of #EndSars Season 2.

Recall that some Nigerians believed to be proponents of the #EndSARS protests are planning to embark on a protest against the recent banning of the cryptocurrency by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.

The organisers of the protest fixed Saturday, February 13 for the commencement of the mass action tagged: ‘EndSARS Season 2 or #OccupyLekkiTollGate.

But the minister said that security agents would be deployed to forestall any eventuality, warning the organisers to desist from holding the mass action.

READ ALSO:   Pantami not on FBI's watchlist – Investigation

According to him, the government will not allow a repeat of what happened during the #EndSARS protest last year in which six soldiers and 37 policemen were murdered in cold blood by hoodlums.

He said: “Any further resort to violence in the name of EndSars will not be tolerated this time. The security agents are ready for any eventuality.

“A situation in which six soldiers and 37 policemen were murdered in cold blood by hoodlums will not repeat itself.

“The attack, looting and razing of 269 private and public property will not happen again. The killing of 57 civilians will not be re-enacted.

READ ALSO:   Save Nigeria from catastrophe, Adesina tells media

“We therefore strongly warn those who are planning to re-occupy Lekki Toll Gate on Saturday to desist.

“We know that many of those who have been loudest on social media in advertising the plan to reconvene in Lagos on Saturday are not even in Nigeria.

“They are elsewhere around the world fanning the embers of violence and inciting gullible people back home. No one should fall for their antics.

“No government anywhere will allow a repeat of the kind of destruction, killing and maiming wrought by the hijackers of EndSars protests last year.

“After all, only one policeman – (plus four others) – was killed in the invasion of the US Capitol in January, yet the FBI has continued to hunt down and prosecute the perpetrators. No life is more important than the other.”

READ ALSO:   Buhari renews Dikio’s appointment as Interim Administrator for Presidential Amnesty Programme

opra news

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove

- Website Designed By DEBORIAN.COM, a Nigerian Web Designer and Web Developer -