Tuesday, September 28, 2021

NSCDC arrests 3 for alleged sodomy, other crimes in Sokoto

Must read

Agency Reporthttps://dailynigerian.com/author/rayyan/
Rayyan Alhassan is a graduate of Journalism and Mass Communication at Sikkim Manipal University, Ghana. He is the acting Managing Editor at the Daily Nigerian newspaper, a position he has held for the past 3 years. He can be reached via [email protected], or www.facebook.com/RayyanAlhassan, or @Rayyan88 on Twitter.
- Advertisement -

Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, has arrested a 40-year-old man from Gidan Igwai area of Sokoto State for alleged sodomy.

READ ALSO:   Power restored after partial system disturbance – TCN

The NSCDC Commandant in the state, Saleh Dada, told newsmen on Wednesday that the suspect was apprehended by his men for allegedly having anal sex with two boys in Gandu area of Sokoto metropolis.

Mr Dada said that the two victims were orphans, having lost their parents to banditry attacks in Zamfara.

He said that NSCDC would ensure prosecution of the suspect, while the victims would be handed over to relevant agencies for necessary rehabilitation.

The commander added that the command also arrested a 27-year-old man for allegedly circulating fake CFA, a Francophone country’s currency, equivalent to N300,000.

READ ALSO:   2021 Hajj: FCT board refunds N432m to 334 intending pilgrims

He said that the suspect had earlier been convicted of the same offence, but returned to his old habit after having served his jail term.

Dada urged marketers to be wary of those syndicates who, he said, were all out to defraud innocent traders in Sokoto markets and environs.

READ ALSO:   Nigerian troops rescue 31 kidnap victims, arrest 29 bandits in North-West – DHQ  

Also, the commandant said that another 30-year-old man had been arrested for allegedly burgling shops at Sokoto central market.

He said that the suspect’s arrest followed series of reports and complaints by some traders’ unions at the market.

Dada, who further stated that all the suspects were arrested from Aug. 1 till date, added that they would all be prosecuted accordingly.

READ ALSO:   Black Panther 2: No replacement for Chadwick Boseman — Ryan Coogler

NAN

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
READ ALSO:   2021 Hajj: FCT board refunds N432m to 334 intending pilgrims

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove