By Mustapha Usman, Kano
The Kano State Police Command has warned clerics against inciting and provocative statements during ‘Tafsir’ and other forms of preaching in the Holy month of Ramadan.
Muslims around the world are observing a month-long fasting which involves total devotion to worshiping Allah, reading the Holy Qur’an and preaching.
In a statement by the command’s spokesman, Magaji Majiya, and made available to journalists in the state on Friday, the command said it is monitoring all activities at places of worship and would swiftly act accordingly when the need arises.
“An advice and strong warning to person or persons delivering sermons, lectures or preaching against the use of provocative and inciting languages as the command is monitoring all activities in our places of worship and will swiftly act accordingly when the need arises,” the statement said.
Read the full statement titled Security Tips for Ramadan Period
CZ: 5700/KS/PRD/VOL. 2/215 DATE: 1st June, 2017
SECURITY TIPS FOR RAMADAN PERIOD
As the Holy month of Ramadan commences, the Kano State Police Command wishes to inform the general Public that adequate security arrangements has been made to ensure peaceful conduct and protection of life and property across the State throughout the blissful month of Ramadan and beyond. Contemporary measures were put in place to tackle the new trends of criminal activities and other social vices. With these, the Command deem it necessary to update the good people of Kano State on the need to maximally cooperate with all security agencies operating in the State and take judicious note of the following security tips:-
1) Mosque Security Committees are expected to liaise with the DPOs in their areas to ensure provision of effective security during Tafsir or any form of worship throughout the Ramadan period and beyond. They should as well adopt measures such as searching, barricading, and flow of useful and timely information to safeguard worshippers and worship places. All are therefore advised to desist from going to Mosque/worship places with bags, parcels, boxes, containers or any other item that may cause suspicion among the people around.
2) An advice and strong warning to person or persons delivering Sermons, lectures or preaching against the use of provocative and inciting languages as the Command is monitoring all activities in our places of worship and will swiftly act accordingly when the need arise.
3) People leaving their homes for Mosque or worship place should make sure that they lock all their doors and windows or assign a watchman to deter undesirable elements who seize the chance to carry out nefarious acts during worship or immediately during breaking fast.
4) The Communities are advised to organize vigilant groups who will supplement the Police effort day and night in bringing down the rate of crime within our homes, Schools, working and business places.
5) The road-users are advised to adhere to Traffic rules and regulation more especially in the evening times to avoid unnecessary traffic gridlock on our roads. Policemen and Traffic men will be massively deployed especially during the rush hours on major roads, round about and junctions especially those leading to markets and business places all over the town.
6) Bank customers are advised to always be vigilant when going for depositing or withdrawing of cash; this will checkmate the syndicate who specializes in tricking and stealing of money from unsuspecting members of the public and sometimes by the use of force, intimidation or threat (ROBBERY).
7) Motor Vehicle and Taxi drivers, tricycle operators are advised to avoid accepting food items or soft drinks from passengers or drivers to avoid falling victims of one chance syndicate or kidnappers.
8) People are advice to fix security gadgets on their vehicles and avoid parking them at isolated places; this will assist in reducing the cases of removal from park of vehicles and car snatching.
General public are therefore reminded that our control room and emergency lines are Nos. 08032419754, 08123821575, 08075391163. You can report any suspicious person(s), movements or items promptly to any nearby police station or through the above mentioned lines.
The Command is calling on the people of Kano State to use the Ramadan period to pray for the Command, our leaders, the State and the nation in general for peace and economic development.
DSP MAGAJI MUSA MAJIA
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
KANO STATE COMMAND
READ Bloody clash imminent as Ganduje, Kwankwaso set to attend party meeting
Subscribe to Our VIP Newsletter