Mrs Dabiri-Erewa gave the explanation through her Media Aide, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, on Tuesday in Abuja.
Mrs Dabiri-Erewa said the attention of the Office of the Presidential Aide had been drawn to an online publication about a Nigerian detained in the U. S.
She said the publication entitled “Family of US detained Nigerian man cries out, seeks FG’s intervention” was false.
NAN recalls that an online medium had reported that Olufolajimi Abegunde, a Nigerian resident in Atlanta, Georgia was detained by the U.S. authority since February.
He was accused of harbouring a friend who was allegedly involved in a questionable financial transaction.
READ ALSO: UN slams Trump over child detentions
The report added that the detained Nigerian had sought for the federal government’s intervention.
Mrs Dabiri-Erewa, however, said that the report was false as no correspondence was received by her on the issue.
“We have checked our records and there is no such letter ever received in our office as the Commission has not even been set up as at the time the said petition was reportedly submitted.
“Secondly, all the line of communication is open for any public complaint which we respond to as soon as practicable.
“The complainant or any other aggrieved Nigerian is advised to officially channel the communication to the Secretary or Secretariat of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission,” she said.
She said that the commission could not treat any issue based on online report.
Mrs Dabiri-Erewa said that all petitions should be channelled through [email protected] or submitted at the office or call +2348174383962.