Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Prince Philip’s heart surgery successful – Buckingham Palace

Headline

tiamin rice

The United Kingdom’s Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, has successfully undergone heart surgery and is due to remain in the hospital for several more days for medical surveillance, the Buckingham Palace said on Thursday.

The royal was admitted to King Edward VII’s hospital in mid-February as a precautionary measure after feeling unwell.

Earlier this week he was transferred to St Bartholomew’s hospital in central London for further treatment.

READ  Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Nigeria @60

“The Duke of Edinburgh yesterday underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition at St Bartholomew’s hospital,” the palace said, as cited by the Guardian media outlet.

READ  Atiku writes US, UK, EU over Buhari’s constitutional breaches against Onnoghen, Dasuki, Zakzaky

It added that the royal would remain hospitalised for several days more “for treatment, rest and recuperation”.

This is not the first royal’s hospitalisation, who is known for his good health and is expected to celebrate his 100th birthday in early June.

Earlier, the Royal Family announced that both Prince Philip and the 94-year-old Queen Elizabeth received the first shots of a vaccine against the Coronavirus.

Sputnik/NAN

Related News

Latest News

cosgrove