The list of the 35 aides of the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, reportedly sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari, has emerged.
Recall that on Wednesday, DAILY NIGERIAN exclusively reported that Mr Buhari had approved the sack of at least 35 out of over 80 aides in the office of vice president.
This newspaper gathered that the affected aides, who were issued appointment letters in August, included some Senior Special Assistants, Special Assistants, Personal Assistants and Technical Assistants.
Credible sources who preferred anonymity said the aides may be formally issued their sack letters on Wednesday.
Preparatory to their eventual dismissal, DAILY NIGERIAN learnt, the aides were posted out to some line ministries relevant to their designation last month.
The move was allegedly targeted at denying them access to the Villa and reducing the influence of the vice president.
“Although more than half of the aides are under the payroll of donor agencies, the cabal eased them out in order to whittle down the influence of the vice president,” said a source familiar with the development.
“None of them were queried or interdicted for any wrongdoing. It is not about cutting cost, because no aide was sacked in the president’s office nor in the office of the First Lady, where six more aides were appointed less than one month ago. They were just sacked to reduce the VP’s influence,” the source submitted.
Below is the full list of the sacked aides as published by Daily Trust:
- Jibola Ajayi – Special Assistant, legal
- Lanre Osinbona – Senior Special Assistant, ICT
- Imeh Okon – Senior Special Assistant, Infrastructure
- Jide Awolowo – Special Assistant, Oil and Gas
- Lilian Idiaghe- Special Assistant, Research, Legal and Compliance
- Arukino Umukoro – Special Assistant, Niger Delta
- Bala Liman Mohammed – Senior Special Assistant, Economy
- Edobor Iyamu – Senior Special Assistant, Niger Delta
- Dolapo Bright – Senior Special Assistant, Agro Allied Value Chain
- Toyosi Onaolapo Special Assistant, Community Engagement
- Gambo Manzo – Special Assistant, Political
- Bisi Ogungbemi – Special Assistant, Political Matters
- Edirin Akemu – Senior Special Assistant, Industry, Trade & Investment
- Akin Soetan – Senior Technical Assistant, Economic Matters
- Aondaver Kuttuh – Technical Assistant, Rule of Law
- Ife Adebayo – Special Assistant, Innovation
- Yussuf Ali – Special Assistant, Power Regulations
- Tola Asekun – Senior Special Assistant, National Boundary Commission
- Morakinyo Beckley – Special Assistant, Off Grid Power
- Yosola Akinbi – Senior Special Assistant, NEC
- Tochi Nwachukwu – Special Assistant, Power Privatisation
- Bode Gbore – Senior Special Assistant, Political
- Abdulrahman Baffa Yola – Special Assistant, Political
- Kolade Sofola – Special Assistant, Infrastructure
- Ebi Awosika – Senior Technical Assistant, Community Engagement
- Muyiwa Abiodun – Senior Special Assistant, Power
- Forri Samson Banu – Special Assistant, Entrepreneurship
- Bege Bala – Special Assistant, BPE
- Feyishayo Aina – Senior Special Assistant, Community Engagement
- Halima Bawa – Special Assistant, Community Engagement
- Nkechi Chukwueke – Special Assistant, Community Engagement
- Ilsa Essien – Special Assistant, Media