Saturday, September 25, 2021
Array

SSS denies abducting Melaye

Must read

- Advertisement -

The State Security Service, SSS, has denied that its operatives abducted Sen. Dino Melaye as alleged in some media.

A statement by the spokesman for the service, Peter Afunanya, said that the police brought Dino to its medical facility.

“The Service wishes to state that the information, as being misrepresented by sections of the media, is far from the truth,”he said.

READ ALSO: Zamfara banditry will soon be over – Buratai

READ ALSO:   ‘Magu boys’ ran EFCC like cult – Shehu Sani 

Mr Afunanya added that there was no time Dino was abducted by the service.

“The fact is that it was the Police that brought him to the DSS facility after obtaining a 14-day detention warrant with effect from January 9.

READ ALSO:   Falana to Nigerian govt: Open up on $470m, N8.8bn allegedly recovered by police

“The aim of bringing him to the service’s facility is to complement Police efforts in giving the Senator a deserved medical attention,” he said.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: Gunmen reportedly abduct Dino Melaye along Gwagwalada road

He explained that the Service accepted him in line with medical ethics and spirit of inter-agency cooperation.

The spokesman said the clarification became necessary to address the allegation that hooded men suspected to be SSS operatives abducted him from the Police hospital.

“The DSS, therefore, reiterates and assures the public of its commitment to professionalism and respect for human rights in its operational engagements,” he said.

READ ALSO:   Leaked memo exposes Magu as 'fraudulent officer'
READ ALSO:   Storm gathers for Senator Melaye's recall as 188,580 sign register

READ ALSO: 2 killed, many injured in Kogi communal clash

Also, force spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, had earlier explained in a statement that Dino was moved to the SSS facility in Abuja, for further medical attention.

The News Agency of Nigeria recalls that Melaye collapsed after surrendering to the police who had laid an eight-day siege on his residence for allegedly failing to honour its invitation with regards to accusation of attempted culpable homicide.

NAN

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
READ ALSO:   Storm gathers for Senator Melaye's recall as 188,580 sign register

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove