A suicide attack in Nigeria’s northeastern state of Borno on Monday claimed at least 15 lives, while on queue to collect food.
Details of the attack in Konduga, a central town in Borno, the state capital, was still sketchy, but eyewitness told RFI Hausa this afternoon that the victims were some of the Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs wating to be served their meal.
One security personnel, who demanded anonymity, said a suicide bomber detonated an improvised explosive device near a crowd in the area.
A rescue team had been dispatched to the scene of the blast to evacuate victims of the attack, said Tim Kola, a Xinhua reporter in Borno State.
Terror group Boko Haram is suspected to be responsible for the suicide blast on Monday.
Konduga was one of the areas invaded by Boko Haram in 2013. It was later liberated in 2015 by the Nigerian military.
Boko Haram has killed more than 20,000 and displaced 2.3 million others since 2009.