Saturday, May 28, 2022

Sultan to Ganduje: ‘No point debating with Abduljabbar, he’s blasphemer’

Must read

- Advertisement -

The Jama’atu Nasril Islam, JNI, under the leadership of its president-general, the Sultan of Sokoto Sa’ad Abubakar, has kicked against a debate organised by Kano State Government between a fiery cleric, Abduljabbar Nasiru-Kabara and other clerics in the state.

On February 3, the Kano State government debarred the cleric from preaching, demolished his propagation center and deployed security agents around his residence.

But in a move toward solving the religious impasse raging between the Mr Kabara and other clerics, the governor announced on February 7 that a debate would be held in two weeks.

Days after the expiration of the two weeks, the state government fixed Sunday, March 7 for the much-awaited debate.

But in what appears to be a set back to the planned debate, the JNI, which a leading Islamic body in the country, in a statement by its secretary-general, Khalid Aliyu, said there was no need for a debate with a “blasphemer”.

READ ALSO:   NDLEA arrests 83, rehabilitate 45 drug addicts in Sokoto

“Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI) under the leadership of its President-General, His Eminence, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, CFR, mni, the Sultan of Sokoto reiterates its total condemnation of the blasphemous utterances of Abdul-Jabbar of Kano against the personality of our most revered Prophet, Muhammad (SWA), his pious family members and dedicated companions, may Allah be pleased with them.  JNI will never wither or relent in its quest for an organized, Godly, sane as well as a just society. We will never be compromised or deterred!

“At the beginning of this imbroglio, we commended the Kano state Government for the step it has taken to avert calamity on the land and prevent break down of law and order. We equally expected that the Government will consult widely on the way forward as this problem is not only restricted to Kano state; its a National or rather global phenomenon that affects every true practicing Muslim.

READ ALSO:   New Service Chiefs: Buhari made well informed choices – Shettima

“It appears that the issue is blown out of proportion by giving it undue publicity by the Government and individuals thereby making a hero out of a cowardly and disrespectful act on the most distinguished of Allah’s creatures, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Abdul-Jabbar does not deserve the kind of publicity and attention accorded him since the break of this act of indignity.

“JNI based on most jurisprudential deductions feels that it’s not even proper to debate with Abdul-Jabbar as someone who openly blasphemes against the noble Prophet (SAW). His fate is sealed Islamically; there’s no point giving him additional opportunity and coverage to further spew his ungodly past-time to the world.

READ ALSO:   Ex-President Jonathan, Atiku attend Buhari son's wedding in Kano

“Had the Kano state Government consult most of the notable personalities invited (or expected) to grace the planned debate, the above stated pitfalls would have been avoided. Therefore,  JNI hereby declares that it was not privy to any of the steps so far taken hence it will not attend the planned debate and neither would any of its branches participate therein.

“We wish the Kano state Government and the ‘Ulama all the best and Allah’s guidance in all their undertakings. We also hope that the Government and the stake-holders involved in this process will reconsider their stand in this exercise. Aamin,” the statement said.

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -
cosgrove

- Website Designed By DEBORIAN.COM, a Nigerian Web Designer and Web Developer -