President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday received briefing on 2017 Hajj operation from the Executive Chairman of National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON, Abdullahi Mukhtar.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Mr Mukhtar, however, declined to speak with State House correspondents after the briefing.
NAN, however, gathered that the NAHCON boss also briefed the president on preparations for smooth conduct of 2018 Hajj.
Mr Mukhtar had on September 14 at an interactive session and dinner with members of the 2017 Hajj Media Team in Makkah, disclosed that NAHCON had commenced preparations for 2018 Hajj.
He said that the commission had already sent a team, headed by the Consul General, to negotiate price of accommodation in Madinah to ensure that Nigerian pilgrims were
lodged close to the Prophet’s Mosque.
He said: “To this end, the Commission has sent a delegation to Madina to prepare ground for negotiation of a comprehensive package for pilgrims.”
The Chairman of the Board of Commissioners of the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, Olabiyi Durojaiye, also briefed Mr Buhari on activities of the commission.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without appropriate credit being given to //dailynigerian.com as the source.