Friday, May 14, 2021

There is no law against dancing with hijab, says Falz


Jaafar Jaafar
Jaafar Jaafar is a graduate of Mass Communication from Bayero University, Kano. He was a reporter at Daily Trust, an assistant editor at Premium Times and now the editor-in-chief of Daily Nigerian.
tiamin rice

Nigerian actor, rapper and songwriter Folarin Falana aka Falz who has come under fire from many Muslim groups and individuals for using ladies dressed in Hijab for his viral video ‘This is Nigeria’ has said he has no apology to make to anybody for portraying his worries about Nigeria in his new music video.

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) had yesterday asked the singer to withdraw his ‘This is Nigeria’ video and apologise to Nigerians, or face legal action, but speaking as a guest on a TV show hosted by Tope Olowoniyan, Falz said he sang about his worries for Nigeria and wonder how people missed the point of his music video over the use of video vixens dressed in Hijab.

READ  Hi-Impact’s 12 days of magic, Tuface’s unveiling, others herald Christmas
READ  'Texas Chain Saw Massacre' director Tobe Hooper dies

When asked if the video vixens dancing Shaku Shaku in Hijab was intentional, he said: “It was intentional.

We continue to forget or neglect the innocence of the girl child and because of all the issues that we are having, the kidnappings and the killings, especially in the northern part of the country, the Chibok girls and very more recently the Dapchi girls.

They are all very disturbing and we don’t often talk about them and I was a bit surprised to hear people say why would you put girls in Hijab to dance Shaku Shaku…common, is there anything wrong with people dancing because they are wearing Hijabs? Is there any law against that?”

READ  'Texas Chain Saw Massacre' director Tobe Hooper dies
READ  AMAA to celebrate 15th anniversary in Ghana

Also, Femi Soro, a member of Falz’s management team reacting to the MURIC’s threat, said: “We have nothing to say.

We are not withdrawing the video neither are we commenting on their claims. If they have any grievance they can head to court and we will meet them there.”

Related News

Latest News