Forty-two wedding guests have fallen ill from mass food poisoning in Afghanistan’s northern province of Takhar, local police said on Monday.
Mubin Safi from provincial police department said the incident occurred during a wedding ceremony in Takhan Abad village of Chah Hab district on Sunday night.
Safi said among the sick people were also the groom and bride.
He added that the affected people were taken to the district hospital where a number of them received treatment in an intensive care unit of the facility.
According to him, three people were arrested following the case and an investigation was also underway into the food poisoning in the far-flung district.